How do I convert my HubManager Professional 7 database to HMP8?
Database Conversion Instructions from Hub Manager™ Professional v7 to v8
This utility is provided to allow you to migrate a prior version of Hub Manager™ Professional v7 database into Hub Manager™ Professional v8.1.
Save a copy of your Hub Manager Pro v7 database on a thumb drive (C:/Program Files/IEI/HubManager7/Database)
Ensuring that copy of your Hub Manager Pro v7 database is accessible from your new computer (the one with Hub Manager Pro v8 software) proceed with the following instructions from Hub Manager Pro v8:
1. Launch the utility by going to Tools > Database Conversion Utility.
2. The Database Conversion Utility screen appears.
3. Specify version you are converting from in the Source drop down list, Hub Manager Pro v7.
4. Specify the new version, Hub Manager Pro v8, you are converting to the Destination drop down list.
5. Place a checkmark next to ‘Let me Specify the source folder’, click Browse to Database Folder and select your Database, then Convert Now.
6. If successful, the system will prompt you to log back in.
7. The source data is not modified in any way; it is merely copied and re-formatted appropriately into the destination database.
8. At the end of the data conversion, open the new version Hub Manager Pro v78 and go to Database > Import\Export Doors.
Before doing anything, make sure the Export ALL the data (Full Export) option is enabled and disable (uncheck) the Import Transaction Log option. You must also verify all the doors in your system are selected.
9. Now click the Start button to export to your door controllers. This ensures that you database is fully synchronized with your hardware.
10. When complete you can import the transaction log.