Hub Manager®: com port is not working and the USB driver is installed
1. Go to the start menu and right click on Computer or My Computer.
2. Select Properties from the drop down.
3. If Device Manager is on the left side of the screen, then select it. Otherwise, select the Hardware tab and then Device Manager.
4. Click on the triangle to the left of Ports (COM & LPT). If Ports (Com & LPT) is not an option in the list, please see How do I install the USB Driver?.
5. If the USB to Serial Com is greater than 8, you must change the COM port number for your USB Serial Port
a. Right click on the USB Serial Port that you want to change and choose Properties.
b. Right click on the Port Settings Tab.
c. Click on the Advanced button.
i. At the top of the window, change the Com Port to any available Com Port number from 1 to 8. Your system may have other COM Ports. Choose a number not in use by another device.
d. Once you have changed the number, click on ok.
e. Go to the Action menu in the Device Manager and choose Scan for Hardware Changes and your USB Serial Port will show the current Com Port.
6. In the Hub Manager Software click on the Database dropdown and select Sites.
7. Edit the site and select the Serial Parameters tab. Choose the correct Comm Port from the drop down and save.