I am trying to upgrade using my backup and it does not work.
If you are having problems upgrading from a backup file please follow these steps:
WARNING: Performing this data migration function will overwrite any existing data you may have stored in Hub Manager® Professional. If you have any data in Hub Manager® Professional that you need to save, perform the Backup function under the Tools menu, and select a folder that is outside the Hub Manager® Professional folder structure.
This utility is provided to allow you to migrate a prior version of Hub Manager® Professional v1, v2, v3, v4, v5, v6, or v7 database into Hub Manager® Professional v8.
- Launch the utility by going to Tools > Database Conversion Utility.
- The Database Conversion Utility screen appears.
- Specify version you are converting from in the Source drop down list.
- Specify the new version of Hub Manager® Professional you are converting to in the Destination drop down list.
- The source data is not modified in any way; it is merely copied and re-formatted appropriately into the destination database.
- At the end of the data conversion, open the new version of Hub Manager® Professional and go to Database > Import\Export Doors. Before doing anything, make sure the Export ALL the data (Full Export) option is enabled and disable (uncheck) the Import Transaction Log option. You must also verify all the doors in your system are selected.
- Now click the Start button to export to you door controllers. This ensures that your database is fully synchronized with your hardware.
- When complete you can import the transaction log.
Converting a Database from a Custom Folder
There is also an option to let you browse to a custom source folder and convert that database into the destination database. This is useful if you are installing Hub Manager® Professional v8 on a new PC and you want to migrate data from a previous version that is located on a different PC. Refer to the Upgrading for additional details about transferring data between two PC’s.
- Select the Source database version from the Source drop down list.
- Select Hub Manager® Professional version 8 in the Destination selection.
- Enable the check box labeled Let me specify the source folder.
- Click the Browse to Database button.
- When browse dialog box appears, locate the folder you copied the database to. Once you’ve located the database, select it, then click the Convert Now button.
- When complete click the Exit button.