How do I program my Stanley keypad?
First, erase the keypad’s memory by disconnecting the battery and holding any key (button) for at least 10 seconds. Then release the key and re-connect the battery. When the keypad lights go off (about 20 seconds) you are ready to program the keypad.
Second, obtain a working remote and remove the battery door (cover). Inside you will see 10 code-setting rocker switches. These switches can be either on or off. The switches are on when they are pressed down toward the numbers and off when they are up by the numbers. Take note of the switches that are pressed down by the number, since these switches are on. Switches 1-9 are entered in the radio code as 1-9, but since there is no number 10 on the keypad, you would enter it as 0 (zero). For instance, if switches 2 4 6 8 & 10 are pressed down by the number, the radio code to enter in the keypad Radio Learn mode would be 2 4 6 8 0.
- Press Radio Learn 2 times.
- Enter 1 2 3 4 .
- Enter the radio code (obtained from a working remote).
- Press Radio Learn 1 time.
- Enter 1 2 3 4 (the default access code) and note if the gate or door operates.
- If the gate or door operates, you can now set the Access Code (the code you will use to open the gate or door).
- Wait until the keypad lights go off (about 20 seconds).
- Press Access Learn 2 times .
- Enter 1 2 3 4.
- Enter your desired 4-digit access code.
- Press Access Learn 1 time.
- Now, enter your new access code to make sure it works.