How do I retrieve my list of users and controller settings?
The Import Door Settings under the Communications Menu in HubManager Pro imports the complete user list and door settings of any physically connected (COM Port, USB, modem, or TCP/IP) door controller. This is useful if you need to retrieve the information stored in a door controller for troubleshooting or if you lose your database and you don’t have the information stored anywhere else.
The imported door settings will be displayed on the screen and can then be printed or saved on your PC. The Import Door Settings will not import the information directly into the Hub Manager program. You must take your imported settings and manually re-enter the information to recreate your Access Levels, Time Zones, and User List.
NOTE: The Import Door Settings will not function on controllers managed using the DTD or Palm Pilot.
To import your door settings take the following steps:
- First go to Database menu and choose Sites. Connect to the site containing the door from which you want to retrieve data. Click the "Done" button and exit the screen.
- Then go to the Communications menu and choose Import Door Settings from the menu to access the Import Door Settings feature.
- Select the door controller from the drop down list.
- Click on the "Start" button to begin the import.
- When the import is complete the data appears on the screen.
- You can now either print the data or save it to file. To print the data to your printer, select Printer to the right of the "Stop" button and click on "Print". To save your information, select File and then click on the "Print" button.
- If you are printing it to hard copy, a standard printer dialog box will open. If you are saving it to file, then a standard save file dialog appears.
- When finished, click the "Cancel" button to close the imported door settings window.